Today, beqom announced that it has been selected to manage the HR compensation processes for Murphy USA, one of the highest volume convenience retailers in the United States. beqom’s Total Compensation solution will help administer Salary and Bonus processes for more than 9,000 employees at both corporate and the company’s more than 1,370 stores in 26 states.
After spinning off from their parent company and to keep up with their rapid growth, Murphy USA needed a Total Compensation Solution that would ensure they could:
- Align pay control and fairness by managing multiple pay scales and local market data
- Drive consistency in their salary and bonus processes for all corporate and store personnel
- Future-proof their compensation needs by adding merit increases, incentive & recognition programs, and commissions, all in the same platform
“beqom is a solution that will help us move to the front lines of where compensation is going, providing us with flexibility and agility and the ability for HR to control our own destiny.”
— David Crump, Senior Manager of Compensation & Data Analytics at Murphy USA
With beqom, Murphy USA will improve efficiency and reduce time and costs spent on process administration while providing a clear picture of compensation and performance for all employees. A key challenge for Murphy USA and driver for selecting beqom, was the ability to effectively manage multiple pay scales in a single plan. With this ability, Murphy USA will be able to achieve:
- Significant cost savings from wage control
- Automation of bonus processes and salary increases driving transparency, engagement, and cost control
- Compliance with US Equal Pay Act in 2017, which was a hot button compliance issue for them as they operate in more than one state with different compensation variables that need to be maintained and monitored
“The challenges Murphy USA faced around compliance, complexity of pay scales, pay consistency and fairness, and the need to unify all compensation in a single platform, made beqom a perfect fit for Murphy USA. We are proud to add them to our ever-growing list of happy customers in the United States.”
— Jean-Luc Solans, US Head of Sales at beqom
About Murphy USA
Murphy USA is one of the highest volume convenience retailers in the United States. Headquartered in El Dorado, Murphy USA opened its first store in Chattanooga, Tenn., in December 1996. Today, Murphy USA operates more than 1,270 stores in 23 states and employs more than 9,000 people. The stores provide quality, low-priced fuels and outstanding service to nearly 2 million customers every day to get them where they need to go.
Such exponential growth speaks to Murphy’s commitment to provide quality fuels, convenient locations and best-in-class customer service. Today, the company continues to move forward for the benefit of its customers, investors, employees and other valued partners by making solid alliances, responsible investments and smarter business practices.
Image source: Courtesy of Murphy USA