beqom is a fast-growing global enterprise software company. We focus on managing compensation and performance for the world’s largest companies. This means we work with the most exciting brands worldwide. Our mission is to make the employees of our customers happy. To accomplish that mission, we first start with making our own people happy.
We operate in a high-growth entrepreneurship environment with passionate, enthusiastic, hardworking and smart individuals that are dedicated to our mission. If you recognize yourself in this description and want to join such an environment, let’s get in touch!
It is the Platform Operations Engineer’s responsibility to ensure that the platform availability is guaranteed and its resources are configured and maintained throughout their lifecycle; ensure deployment, monitoring, troubleshooting and incident response on the platform resources and the associated services.
You must have understanding of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Services, be knowledgeable about Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Integration Services, Microsoft Analysis Services and Microsoft Reporting Services administration.
You are passionate about delivering high quality services to external and internal customers and always striving to achieve the highest level of reliability.
In this position, you will work alongside the platform development team and the customer support team, to acquire in-depth knowledge of how the application works, while granting a continuous support to both internal and external platform and application users.
The key duties will be focused on support, incident response, management of the platform resources and implementation of the technological changes designed by the platform development team.
How you will achieve the role
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science discipline
• Minimum 3 years of experience as system administrator over cloud applications with Microsoft Azure or related engineering experience
• Knowledge of SQL query language
• Keen visual eye with strong attention for the smallest of details
• Make quality a core value for the team
• Proactive work attitude, hardworking, problem-solving and results-driven
• Collaborative team player with communication skills to match
• Fluent in English (written and oral); all other languages are a plus
• Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged
• Adaptable and flexible to meet demands, relentless and passionate to get the job done
• Willing and able to travel on a regular basis.
Nice to have
• Experience on web performance testing and ability to analyse and report the results
• Experience with Azure automation systems
• Experience of working with an open source or commercial version control systems (like VSTS)
• Experience with Linux and bash
Location: Krakow, Poland, with flexibility to travel if required
• A dynamic and very international working environment favouring initiative and autonomy
• Support of entrepreneurial behaviour in a fast growing new office location
• Annual company kick-off to meet all global employees; always somewhere fun and exciting!
• Strong company culture: check our Glassdoor reviews!